Friday, May 27, 2016

Memorial Day


1. Memorial Day is a day on which those who died in active military service are remembered.
2. Memorial Day is Monday,May 30.
3. Some ways to show honor and respect on Memorial Day is to write a thank you letter to a soldier overseas. You can also visit a local veteran’s cemetery or a veteran’s hospital. You can go to a Memorial Day parade or watch the parade on your tv.       
5.Memorial Day actually used to be called Decoration Day because they would decorate the graves of fallen soldiers. They would decorate their graves with flowers, flags and wreaths to honor the deceased.
6. Something I want to do on Memorial Day is spend time with my family. I say this because we should be grateful for our families because their are people who lost family members on this day due to their military service for our country.
7. Memorial Day is a really important holiday because people have lost their lives for our country and they should be honored.  It is a very emotional day for those who have lost relatives who served for our country. This holiday shows that they are very appreciated and honorable for what they have done. You can tell it means alot to those who have relatives who serve in the army to be able to remember and honor them. It is a great holiday as well because mostly everyone gets the day off. I get to spend the day with my family and be grateful for having them in my life. I am really interested in watching the Memorial Day Parade now that I am aware of it. I wonder what goes on at this event and hope to spend every Memorial Day watching it. I would now like to say thank you to all the fallen soldiers for serving our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment